It’s mango week for the Insta Wean Team this week so I have made one of my favourite dishes “mango chicken”. I have made this a couple of times and shared it on instagram but never on here so this was a perfect opportunity to do so. I never liked mango chutney before making this […]
As much as I am a fan of finger foods and everyone eating the same I have done purees in the past as well. Purees can be hard work though! Making batches, storing/freezing them, defrosting them, heating them then serving them… WOAH dishes!!! So anything that can save time or dish washing is welcome in my house! […]
I have been wanting to make these for so long! I eventually got round to it today between the madness of moving house and trying to keep some sort of normality for Abel. He seemed a bit unsure at first but he was making lots of MMMM noises! I served it with Greek yoghurt but […]
So it is olive week for the Insta Wean Team and I must admit I have never tried an olive let alone made anything with them! So I thought I would try making some bread with them, also a first… I’m not making this easy for myself am I?! As I am a bread newbie […]
- about 200g chicken cut into pieces
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 20g plain flour
- 2 slices bread grated or blended into breadcrumbs (I added a little paprika and black pepper too but this is optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sort the egg, flour and breadcrumbs into bowls.
- Make a sort of assembly line, flour then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Cover each piece of chicken in flour, then dip into the egg, then cover in breadcrumbs and put on a plate.
- Once all the chicken is coated transfer into a frying pan and fry in a little oil for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Place all of the nuggets in a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes and serve!
- 1 eggplant/aubergine
- red pesto
- grated cheese
- Slice your eggplant to make discs, this will be your "pizza" base.
- Sprinkle salt onto your eggplant on both sides and leave, this will bring the moisture out of it.
- Once you see the moisture coming out (it will look like drops of water) rinse the discs and pat dry.
- Put your eggplant into the oven for about 5 min turning once halfway through to cook slightly.
- After this take them out the oven and spread with pesto and sprinkle with cheese, you can add any other toppings at this stage too.
- Put back in the oven for another few minutes.
One of my favorite things about being a mum is knowing mostly everything Abel picks up is down to me and daddy. He loves to copy everything we do, recently he keeps wanting to drink out of a cup like us… of course our nice glass cups look so much more exciting than his regular […]
- 1/4 of a watermelon (chopped, seeded and frozen)
- 200g strawberries (green bits off and frozen)
- 90g sugar (optional)
- 125ml water
- Put the watermelon and strawberries into a food processor.
- You will need to mix it with a spoon a few times as it will stick to the sides.
- Add in the sugar once blended a bit.
- Gradually add in the water.
- You can add a little more water if you feel you need to.
- Serve immediately or put in a container and freeze for another day!