Write a review
- 200g quinoa
- 1 onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- handful frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2/3 chicken breasts
- *for chicken...
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- a few drops worcester sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Heat a little oil in a pot on a low heat and add the onions.
- When onions are soft add in the garlic and spices then stir.
- Rinse the quinoa then add to the pot and stir, then add in 450ml of boiling water. Cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile coat the chicken with the *ingredients and either bake or fry until cooked through.
- When the quinoa is cooked add in the peas and a little extra water if needed.
- Slice up the cooked chicken and serve with the quinoa, yum!
- Personally I added a little salt to my portion but you may find it ok!
- The chicken is optional of course 🙂
IT'S THE MOTHER http://itsthemother.com/