apple & cinnamon quinoa bites recipe
I never really know what to do with quinoa, I only recently started using it more but have been surprised at how versatile it is! These were surprisingly good, you could take the sugar out but I think they would be pretty bland without it. I did adapt the recipe to suit me and what I had, I hate buying things for recipes I would rather just wing it and hope for the best… luckily in this case it worked out! These have been a hit as an on the go snack with Abel and I quite liked them too!
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 50g oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 small apples or 2 big apples chopped or shredded
- 2 eggs
- salt (for grown ups)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the quinoa and oats in a bowl then mix in the apple, cinnamon and syrup.
- Add your eggs last and mix everything together.
- Grease a muffin tray and spoon 1 tablespoon per bite.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes and serve warm!
- This recipe will make 20+ bites depending on how big you make them.