apple flapjack recipe
It’s worth making this just for the smell it will fill your house with. This is a baby friendly flapjack and is perfect for breakfast or a snack. It’s not firm like regular flapjack, it’s soft and I would say OK from about 8 months but obviously you are the best judge of what your little one can cope with 🙂
- 5 small apples or 2/3 large apples
- 300ml apple juice
- 170g rolled oats
- tablespoon cinnamon
- butter to grease
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Peel, core and slice apples and add to a pain with the apple juice and cinnamon.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until mushy.
- Mash it all up and add the oats.
- Pour into a greased baking tray*.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool, slice and serve!
- *I use a 20x20cm baking tray