baby’s first bolognese
I probably class bolognese as a last minute dinner as it’s something I always have the ingredients for and it’s quick to make! Before having Abel I always used a jar but after realising how simple and quick it is to make from scratch I never buy jars now. You can add whatever you like to this too – grated carrot, mushrooms, courgette.
- 500g beef mince
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes (chunky) or 500g carton of passata (smooth)
- finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed clove garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 baby beef stock cube (optional - can use regular stock too)
- Heat a large pot and add the mince, break the mince up as much as you can and brown.
- Once mince is browned drain away the liquid.
- Add onions and garlic and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes or passata, stock cube and oregano and stir again.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve alone or with pasta!