baked fig recipe
I have been wanting to make these for so long! I eventually got round to it today between the madness of moving house and trying to keep some sort of normality for Abel. He seemed a bit unsure at first but he was making lots of MMMM noises! I served it with Greek yoghurt but I also think it would go quite well with some nana ice cream! Enjoy 🙂
- 2/3 figs
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon honey*
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Wash your figs then cut a cross in the top of them.
- Put the honey and butter into an oven proof dish and put in the oven for a minute or so until melted.
- Bring the dish out and put your figs in, spoon some of the honey/butter over them then spinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover with a lid/foil then bake for around 10 minutes.
- Bring them out and spoon over some of the juices.
- Bake for a further 5-10 minutes uncovered.
- Cool slightly then serve.
- Remember no honey before 12 months old.*