chicken fajita recipe
One thing I have always used when cooking for Abel is a variety of spices. I feel they are a great alternative to salt and can really jazz up meat or veg which can save you having to “hide” them in recipes. It can take a few tries to work out which spices your little ones prefers but its worth the effort. You don’t need to add a lot and can always add yoghurt to certain dishes if you do happen to make them a little too hot, I usually add yoghurt to Abels curry for example. This is a super basic recipe but is a lot better than using a packet mix and is just as easy I would say 🙂 enjoy!
- 500g chicken
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch ground cumin
- a lime
- black pepper
- Slice up your chicken and veg to suit you and your little one, the older they get the smaller the pieces can be usually.
- Put the chicken and veg into a bowl with the spices and a little oil, mix it all up.
- Squeeze in the juice of half the lime.
- Leave to marinade for around 10 minutes.
- Fry the mixture on a medium heat until cooked through. You can add more lime juice if you want too.
- This is a basic recipe so you could add more veg.
- Serve with rice or potato wedges, fajitas and your favourite dips!