chilli con carne recipe
chilli con carne
Write a review
- 500g beef mince
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- up to 400g red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (I used 1 and it wasn't spicy at all but for younger babies I would be safe with 1/2 or none)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 garlic cloves.
- black pepper to season
- Heat a little oil in a pot then add the onions.
- Cook onions until soft then add all the herbs/spices and crush the garlic, mix well.
- Add the mince and break it all up.
- When mince is browned add the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and stock cube.
- Add in the beans and simmer until all thick and cooked.
- Season then serve!
- You can always add some yoghurt or sour cream to your little ones portion if you feel it needs it.
IT'S THE MOTHER http://itsthemother.com/