crispy polenta chicken recipe
I’m new to cooking with polenta so this seemed like an easy idea, it suggested using it as a coating for meat on the packet so I gave it a bash, worked out great! Fab alternative to chicken nuggets or other more complicated coatings, this was super quick and tasted great!
- 2/3 chicken fillets
- 3 tablespoons polenta (uncooked)
- rosemary (dried or sprigs)
- black pepper
- salt (for grown ups)
- You can bake or fry these so if baking preheat oven to 180°C.
- Keep fillets whole or slice up to suit.
- Put polenta in a bowl and add some rosemary, if using dried I would use a teaspoon or more, if using fresh a few sprigs will be fine, add some pepper too and mix.
- Add in the chicken and mix until all coated.
- If frying add a little oil (I use coconut) to the pan on a lowish heat and then add chicken, turning and cooking til golden and crispy.
- If oven baking, grease a baking tray and bake for about 20-25 minutes for full fillets (depending on the size) or 15ish for smaller pieces. Of course check they are cooked through before serving!
- This could also work with paprika and cayenne pepper rather than the rosemary but may be a little hot so use moderately for little ones!