dates in blankets recipe
Abel loves dates so I was really excited about date week with the Insta Wean Team. I was going to make brownies but fancied making something more savoury. It was my mum who gave me the idea, she loves dates wrapped in bacon. I chose prosciutto since its a little easier to wrap and I think it tastes better in things like this. I’ve seen a few recipes that stuff the dates with goats cheese first then wrap them, maybe worth a try. I would say this is more of a toddler recipe rather than a baby friendly one, dates are great for adding sweetness to other things that may suit younger ones though. Hope you all enjoy!
- pitted medjool dates
- (I used 1 slice of proscuitto for every 2 dates)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- If your dates are not pitted then take them out, just slice down the date but not all the way through and you will be able to pick it out.
- Slice the prosciutto length ways into 2 pieces.
- Wrap the prosciutto round your dates and keep in place with cocktail sticks.
- Place the wrapped dates onto a baking tray and bake for around 8-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly, remove the cocktails sticks and serve!
- You can slice the wrapped dates up too if it would suit you or your toddler better.
- You will need cocktail sticks for this recipe.
- Would be great for parties or with something inside the dates (cheese maybe?).