egg fried rice recipe
I always end up making this when I feel like i literally have nothing to make. Guaranteed I have eggs and rice at the very least and I always have frozen veg, result! Really easy to make and minimal ingredients.
egg fried rice
Write a review
- 75g rice per person (about half for little ones)
- 1 egg per 2 people
- handful of peas
- half an onion finely chopped
- coconut oil/butter
- seseme oil (optional)
- soy sauce (optional)
- Rinse your rice and put on to boil, use enough water to cover and keep an eye on it.
- When rice is cooked, drain and rinse with boiling water, set aside.
- Cook meat/veg in a little coconut oil or butter in a frying pan, when almost cooked add in the rice and stir fry for 2/3 minutes and push to one side of the pan.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk, add to the other half of the pan (it helps to hold pan at an angle if possible).
- When egg starts to change colour mix it into the rice and stir fry until all combined.
- Add soy sauce/black pepper if you want and even a little seseme oil.
- meat of your choice and extra veg are optional too if you want to change it up
IT'S THE MOTHER http://itsthemother.com/