focaccia with olives, garlic & rosemary recipe
So it is olive week for the Insta Wean Team and I must admit I have never tried an olive let alone made anything with them! So I thought I would try making some bread with them, also a first… I’m not making this easy for myself am I?! As I am a bread newbie I did go for a specific focaccia flour mix, obviously you could go all out and make it all from scratch but maybe another day lol, if I ever do that I will of course share the recipe. I looked into quite a few methods online and sort of combined them to make it suit me. I was pleasantly surprised with how this turned out, in future I would probably add more toppings and maybe even try putting them through the bread, I was scared to add too much lol but it was still really tasty! Definitely going to try out more homemade breads in future.
- 500g focaccia flour mix
- 340ml water
- olive oil
- olives (I only used 2 really big ones)
- 2 garlic cloves
- black pepper
- Put the mix into a large bowl with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and rub together.
- Gradually add in the water and knead for about 10 minutes until you have a soft dough.
- Put the dough into another bowl that you have oiled and cover with cling film, leave for about half a hour.
- Tip the dough onto a floured baking tray, flatten it out making dimples with your fingers and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (220°C may be better for fan ovens) whilst the dough rests.
- Slice up your olives to suit how you like them.
- Drizzle over about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mince your garlic and stick the rosemary needles/olives into the dough. Add some black pepper if you like.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and serve!
- When kneading the dough I found it good to rub olive oil onto my hands first, stops them getting dough totally stuck to them.