I recently tried this recipe out after finding it on the Minimalist Baker blog. As always I tweaked it to suit me so thought I would add it onto here so A.I can remember what the hell I done and B.so you guys can maybe try it too! If you are GF or vegan check out the original recipe. This isn’t as sweet as actual Nutella but that’s to be expected, Abel loves this too which is great as I don’t feel bad giving him it.
- 200g raw hazelnuts
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spread hazelnuts onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, put them onto a tea towel and roll them around so the skins start to come off, keep doing this until most of the skin is off.
- Put the hazelnuts into a food processor and blend until it is a paste - can take upto 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate either in the microwave or in a dish over a pot of water then add to the food processor.
- Add in the vanilla extract and salt and blend until all combined and has a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a jar and store/use for 2-3 weeks.