loaded potato skins recipe
loaded potato skins
Write a review
- Potatoes... as many as you like!
- I used...
- half a bag of baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of cream cheese
- chorizo (thumb sized piece)
- coconut oil/butter
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Wash your potatoes and slice them in half.
- Boil potatoes in a pot until cooked through (you should be able to easily put a knife into them and through).
- Drain cooked potatoes and rinse with cold water to cool them down so you can handle them.
- Scoop out the middle of the potatoes and put it into a bowl, leaving some of the white in the skin.
- Put the skins onto a baking tray with some coconut oil or butter, put a little inside them too.
- Put the skins into the oven for about 5/10 mins on their own.
- Meanwhile mash up the potato in the bowl then add whatever you like and mix up.
- Take the skins out and spoon the mash into them.
- Put back in the oven until golden and crisping, probably about 10 minutes but keep an eye on them.
- Take them out and serve!
- When scooping out the middle of the potatoes I found it better to mark keep turning the potato whilst digging it out to avoid the potato breaking in half.
- If using large potatoes I would quarter them, I done 1 big one when making these (can see them in the picture) and halving them would just be too much.
IT'S THE MOTHER http://itsthemother.com/