rhubarb, strawberry & blueberry crumble recipe
I had a notion to bake something this morning and I had some frozen rhubarb in the freezer so this is what I came up with! No added sugar but this got mega MMMM’s from Abel. This is the first time I have made a crumble since school! You could add any fruit you want really but this topping turned out really well.
- 200g rhubarb
- 50g strawberries
- 50g blueberries
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 75g plain flour
- 50g cold butter (cubes)
- 50g oats
- 2 or 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Slice up the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Put your flour and butter into a bowl and rub together until it is like crumbs. Mix in the oats, syrup and cinnamon.
- Put the rhubard, strawberries and blueberries into an oven proof dish and mix in the almonds.
- Sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Cool slightly then serve!