spelt cookie balls recipe
You know when you are trying to make one thing and it goes horridly wrong but it ends up being good anyway?! Well, that happened here, I was (not) following a recipe for cookies and ended up making these. At first I thought they were for the bin as they would be horrible and uncooked inside but they were actually really good so I thought I would add them on here for anyone who wants to give them a go! The recipe is also egg and dairy free!
- 100g spelt flour
- 75g coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 tablespoons honey*
- 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon (depending on how much you like it)
- Preheat oven to about 180°C.
- Coconut oil works best if it's liquid so to save on dishes you could add it all to the tray you are going to bake the "cookies" on and pop it in the oven for 30 seconds or so, then the tray is greased too!
- Mix all of the ingredients together until combined, if it is too dry add more honey or oil.
- Place balls onto the baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve!
- Remember no honey before 12 months*