How has it been 3 months since Freida was born already?! I want to write a bit about how I have found it 2nd time around but also share how we have got on with one of our most used things baby wise – the SnüzPod!
They say the first 3 months of a babies life are the hardest for new parents, I guess it depends what you personally find it hard to do without. Sleep? Privacy? A busy social life? Although I do OK on little sleep I still find it TOUGH to keep myself going after a long night let alone 2 tiny humans. So yeah, for me lack of sleep is probably the hardest thing.
I was SOOO anxious about how I was going to cope with 2 kids, luckily Abel sleeps really well at the moment but is up at 6am most days. My memories of Abel as a newborn are being up all night A LOT, him only sleeping on me (which I now know is totally normal) and feeling like an absolute zombie with bad hair. We just had a regular moses basket for him which he didn’t sleep in much and grew out of really quick, luckily we only paid like £20 for it lol.
So as I mentioned we have been using a SnüzPod this time around which I was really excited about. It is something we were looking to buy anyway so when I was asked if I wanted to try one out and review it I was over the moon. I’ve probably mentioned before that neither of us want to review anything we wouldn’t genuinely look at buying and of course when we do reviews, they are 100% honest.
So how has it helped?
Being totally honest it has helped a lot! I feel like with Abel I lost a lot of precious sleep sitting up watching him as I hated not being able to see him and any little noise he made I was up wondering what it was. The way our bed is didn’t allow us to attach the SnüzPod so the side could be kept down (our bed lifts up and has a wide edge all the way around so a gap was left – no fault of the SnüzPod) but the mesh side meant I could still see Freida no problem.
Of course there have been many nights where she only wants to sleep on me, I don’t think anything will (or should) stop that as it’s totally natural for them but when she has been OK to be put down I feel like because I’m more relaxed it has helped. I definitely feel a lot more laid back this time but I think a lot of it is to do with knowing what is normal and having been through it all before. I think the SnüzPod lends itself a lot to what makes life easier for new parents with simple things like wanting to see baby (and baby seeing you!).
Here are a few things in particular that I loved and think anyone looking to get one would want to know…
- It is really easy to build, I built it myself whilst heavily pregnant with Abel “helping”.
- I really think it’s worth the money. They retail at £199.95 (down to £179.95 at time of writing this!) which may sound a lot for a tiny bed but where your little baby sleeps is SO important. Good quality and safety are definitely key with the SnüzPod. Plus it will last!
- As mentioned above the quality is amazing. It’s really sturdy unlike our old flimsy moses… It feels safe and can see it being used MANY times after Freida has outgrown it.
- The height is really simple to change and there are quite a few levels, just measure your bed, check the notes of which holes to use and boom!
- Being called the “3 in 1” of course it has 3 uses – bedside, bassinet & standalone. So suits whatever set up you want.
- Of course it depends on the size of your baby and how long you want them in it but I see Freida being able to fit in this until 6 months no problem and probably longer. I have seen people change them into little seats afterwards too (SOOO trying that!).
- The top bassinet lifts off so is great for during the day if you want it in another room although it is a tad heavy with a baby in it so move it first.
- The mattress comes with a washable cover so it’s been really easy to wash.
- You can buy lots of compatible accessories, the storage pocket has been great for night change essentials and of course you can get sheets etc.
Thinking back to how nervous I was I really think it has been easier than I thought. Abel has been AMAZING with her, I was really worried he would be weird about her being in our room but he hasn’t. They will share a room eventually so we will see how that goes when it comes…
William has been away to sea for a month now and is back in a few weeks, even with that I’ve been coping OK. Being organised helps A LOT and of course getting some sleep. I still struggle to remember to think about myself and take time out when I can, really need to work on that.
So if your thinking of having another or just here to find out if the SnüzPod is for you then my answer for both is do it.
FOR 10% OFF AT SNUZ.CO.UK USE CODE “SNUZMOTHER10”
[We were not financially compensated for this post. We received a sample to try out and review. The opinions are completely our own and are 100% honest.]