cheese + asparagus tart
Write a review
- 150g asparagus
- 120ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 75g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out pastry sheet to line a tin*.
- Chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with baking paper and fill with baking beans and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and paper then return pastry to oven for 10 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, whisk then add the milk and whisk again.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the pastry then add the asparagus, egg mix and remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until set.
- *I use a 9" round tray for this
IT'S THE MOTHER https://itsthemother.com/