Write a review
- 2/3 chicken fillets sliced
- 1 onion diced
- yogurt to serve for little ones
- basic paste ingredients...
- *2 cloves garlic crushed
- *1 teaspoon turmeric
- *small piece of root ginger finely sliced
- *2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- *2 tablespoons tomato puree
- *2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- *1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- *1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (we have made without and it's been fine)
- *1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Toast the cumin, mustard, fenugreek and coriander seeds then grind in a pestle + mortar.
- Mix the spices with all of the other ingredients* and your basic paste is ready.
- Fry your chicken until sealed in a little oil then add onions and anything else you are adding.
- Add a little water to the paste to loosen it and add to pan.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- I also sometimes add cauliflower, chickpeas, lentils or other veg.
- For younger ones it may be better to bake their portion separately in the oven then shredding the chicken if you prefer.
- Add yogurt to little ones portion to remove the heat.
IT'S THE MOTHER https://itsthemother.com/