It’s mango week for the Insta Wean Team this week so I have made one of my favourite dishes “mango chicken”. I have made this a couple of times and shared it on instagram but never on here so this was a perfect opportunity to do so. I never liked mango chutney before making this dish but now I love it! When I first tried out this dish I done what all the other similar recipes done and added sugar but I really don’t see the need as the chutney is already quite sweet and it can make it a little sickly. I hope you all enjoy this as much as we all do, it’s great for when you fancy something different that doesn’t take much time or a lot of ingredients.
Also how cool is this happy mat? The amazing EZPZ who make these sponsored us this week, go check them out!
- 500g chicken (roughly 6 thigh fillets or 2/3 breast fillets)
- 2/3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- veg of your choice (i used baby corn, carrots and red pepper here)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Cut up your chicken and veg to suit, for younger babies I would make the chunks slightly bigger and the veg into sticks.
- Place the chicken into a bowl along with the chutney, soy sauce, sesame oil and some black pepper and mix (you could let this marinate if you have time).
- Place the chicken into an oven proof dish and bake for about 5/10 minutes.
- Take out the chicken, it should be a little saucier now, add in the veg, mix it all up and put back in the oven for about 15/20 minutes.
- Take the dish out and mix it up again, it may need another 5 minutes or so.
- Once its all cooked get it plated up and serve!
- Near the end of your chutney jar? Add in a tiny bit of hot water and shake it about (with the lid on lol) and it will make getting that last bit a lot easier.