Satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt, perfect for busy mamas who need a mid afternoon pick me up or a sweet treat come bed time.
raw choconutty balls
Write a review
- roughly 200g/12 pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 tablespoons peanut butter (I use meridian as it’s 100% peanuts)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 100-150g raw almonds
- honey (optional)
- dried fruit (optional)
- Put the dates and peanut butter into a food processor and whiz it up until it is like a paste.
- Add in the cocoa powder and almonds then blend until the almonds have broken up quite a bit and everything combines.
- Add in your honey if it is needed, the amount will depend on how dry your mix is, if it is quite dry I would add a tablespoon at a time and blend until it is thick enough to shape.
- If you are adding any dried fruit then add it at this point and do a quick mix so it doesn’t break up too much.
- Shape into balls and put in the fridge for about an hour.
- Ready to munch on!
- I sometimes add seeds to these, chia/flax/pumpkin all work well so just chuck them in! Also if you use a protein powder you could add that in too.
IT'S THE MOTHER https://itsthemother.com/